Cream of Wheat® Pancakes
- Stack those hotcakes high. They’re made with Cream of Wheat®, and they’re Chef approved!
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup pancake and waffle mix
- 1/2 cup Original 8 Minute
- 1 1/2 cup cut-up fresh fruit, optional
- 8 oz low-fat yogurt mixed, optional
- 1 tbsp honey, optional
- Beat egg, milk and oil in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add pancake mix and Cream of Wheat®; stir just until moistened.
- Ladle batter onto hot greased griddle or into hot greased skillet, using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on tops, then turn to brown other sides.
- Top pancakes evenly with 1-1/2 cups cut-up fresh fruit and 1 container (8 oz.) of your favourite flavour of low-fat yogurt mixed with 1 Tbsp. honey.
Nutrition bonus: Start your day with these yummy pancakes. Cream of Wheat® is not only high in iron but also provides calcium.